Lefevre Park / Nantu Wama (Park 6)
Nantu Wama translates to horse plain in Kaurna language and was given this name due to the horse agistment which occurs on the site, which is bordered by Lefevre Terrace to the west. Sir J G Shaw-Lefevre was one of South Australia’s colonisation commissioners.
The park is the last remaining location for horse and pony activities in the Park Lands. Depasturing paddocks can be leased out for people wanting to keep their horses on site, and the popular North Adelaide Glover Playground, sometimes called Helicopter Park is located nearby for children to enjoy.
Take a closer look at the Adelaide Park Lands on this map.
100,000 kg of horse manure is deposited by the resident horses on this park each year.
Did You Know?
The bridle track in this Park opened in 1939 and was modelled on Rotten Row in London’s Hyde Park.
Picture Adelaide 2040
"The views from the north part of this park are spectacular - across the park, the city to the Adelaide Hills - it's like a little bit of countryside."